Setup Guide for New v4 and v5 Formula Wheel
The wheel is connected to a USB port using a coiled USB cable that comes with the steering wheel. Plug it directly into a powered USB hub near your steering wheel if you have one. If your USB hub is too far, use a higher quality extension USB cable not longer than 2 m, and plug it directly into your PC (PC back USB connector), not in the hub. If you need a longer cable, use an active USB cable (repeater). Also, plug the coiled cable directly into the active cable, and active cable directly into the computer.
- Rexing coiled cable -> Powered hub -> PC
- Rexing coiled cable -> extension USB cable up to 2 m -> PC
- Rexing coiled cable -> active USB cable (repeater) up to 5 m -> PC
NOT RECOMMENDED (can cause issues with connection):
- Rexing coiled cable -> USB extension cable -> Powered hub -> PC
- Rexing coiled cable -> USB extension cable longer than 2 m -> PC
In order to install Ultimate Game Tech software to PC, follow this order:
- Download and install the latest UGT software version by following the link below.
- Plug in device
- Open UGT Manager
- Run each installed game once – games will now be detected by UGT Manager
- Toggle data output on each game by clicking on the data output button. Enabled = data is outputting. Disabled = not outputting. Info = data output is controlled by the game. Click on “Info” for any additional steps required.
- Go to Global Options->Global mappings and map a button to Page_Up and Page_Down to change layouts when in a game
- Go to Global Options->Global Settings to configure LED brightness and behavior and layouts available and special layout behavior.
- Individual game settings and mapping can be configured by clicking on the game’s mappings or settings button. Note, this overrides the global options for the specific game.
- Make sure you are always running updated firmware.
For more info on how to configure software, please refer to:https://www.asetek.com/media/2612/ugt-manager-guide2.pdf
Clutch Bite-Point Adjustment
By default, clutch bite adjustment is disabled. This means that each clutch paddle operates its own axis. To enable clutch bite adjustment (and single axis clutch operation), go to UGT Manager > Input Devices > UGT Race LCD. Check the “Launch Control Enabled” box. Click “Save Settings”. Now you can adjust clutch 2 maximum point either with Clutch Adjust slider in software or with “Clutch Bite” potentiometer at the front of the wheel.
The front potentiometer can be used for clutch bite adjustment in the following way: In UGT Manager go to Input Devices > UGT Race LCD V2. In General Settings check the “Launch Control Enabled” box and then move the clutch adjustment slider all the to the left (0 position). Now the potentiometer will adjust the maximum bite of clutch two.
The second (‘Display’) potentiometer is usually assigned to display brightness. For configuration, open UGT manager and go to Global options > Global mappings. Then find “Brightness control” setting and assign the potentiometer to that setting. Brightness changes are only visible while the display is functioning, not when it’s idle.
| UGT Software for Rexing Wheels|
(install this first)
For older Biokovo and GT steering wheels only
| Setting Up Launch Control |
| PC Software Download |
for Rexing Wheels
| Profiles for Pro Firmware |
for Rexing Wheels