Posted by F. Rico on 1/20/2021 to News
Simulators only feel their best when they are properly tuned. Out-of-the-box settings are typically mediocre at best. Ricmotech is always looking for our customers to get the most out of their equipment. With this end in mind, Ricmotech has partnered with Bryan Heitkotter, one of the most successful drivers to crossover from virtual racing to real racing. Bryan's unique path to road racing success began in the virtual world. After an intense on-line and in-person gaming competition against nearly 54,000 online racers, Bryan advanced to the final week of the first North American Nissan GT Academy competition, held at the legendary Silverstone Circuit in 2011. Driving real cars and competing in physical and mental challenges, the final event was a wheel-to-wheel race around the full Grand Prix circuit. Taking the victory in his first ever race, Bryan won the GT Academy competition and embarked on a six-month Driver Development Program in Europe, racing Nissan 370Zs primarily with RJN Motorsport in the UK. Bryan’s race to win GT Academy appeared on Speed as a five-part reality television program.
Some highlights of Bryan's racing career include:
- Nine podium finishes at various circuits throughout the UK
- Class win and 5th overall at Britcar “Into The Night” Brands Hatch three-hour race (with teammate Jann Mardenborough)
- Third in class, 26th overall at Dubai 24 Hours 2012 (with GT Academy teammates Lucas Ordonez, Jordan Tresson and Jann Mardenborough)
- Numerous pole positions and one podium finish in partial seasons of Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge competition, including pole position for the first ever sports car race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, in 2012
- Two podium finishes in two starts at the NASA 25 Hours Of Thunderhill
- Seven wins and fourteen podium finishes in two years of World Challenge competition
- Fifth in 2016 World Challenge GT Championship points after scoring the most points of any driver during the last third of the season
Check out our complete line of products Tuned by Bryan Heitkotter. If you already own some or all of these products contact us to obtain the tuning files to get your simulator tuned to win!